If there’s anything I love, its muffins. There is definitely not a shortage of muffin recipes here on Nutritional Foodie. Bran muffins, cranberry orange bran muffins, lemon poppyseed zucchini muffins and chia cherry muffins. I told you, I just love them!
But there was one missing. CHOCOLATE! My dear friend chocolate. This needed to change immediately so I got to work… & created the most chocolatey + decadent + moist + perfectly sweet chocolate muffins.
All my muffin recipes have two things in common (besides being vegan), they’re naturally sweetened & super easy to make. This is accomplished by using coconut sugar, coconut oil & maple syrup. Oh, & unsweetened cocoa + vegan chocolate chips. Pure heaven!
These vegan double chocolate muffins are also amazing since they require just 1- bowl to make. Because there is more to life than doing a sink full of dishes am I right?
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (can sub ap flour)
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp ground flax
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin pan with 9 liners.
- In a large bowl add flours, cocoa, coconut sugar, ground flax, baking powder & soda and sea salt. Whisk to combine.
- Next add almond milk, apple sauce, maple syrup and coconut oil. Mix until just combined (careful not to over mix!). Fold in chocolate chips.
- Get full recipe==>>nutritionalfoodie.com