These Glazed Apple Hand Pies are the perfect fall treat. And in about 30 minutes, you’ll have one of these delicious baked treats in your hands!
This recipe comes together fairly quickly if using the refrigerated pie crust. While that is coming to room temperature on the counter, peel and dice your Crunch Pak apple slices (unless you’re lucky enough to find their peeled apple slices in the store, yes they exist)! You’re going to toss those in a skillet with some melted butter, salt, brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon. On medium heat, while stirring, cook them until soft, about 5-10 minutes. I diced mine fairly small (thumbnail size) so they only took about 5 minutes (you don’t want them mushy). Sprinkle in your flour and heat an additional minute while the mixture thickens as you stir. Set aside.
I used a 4 inch circle biscuit cutter to get my hand pies perfect. Each pie crust gave me 5, and then I took the scraps and rolled them out to get 1-2 more. This gave me a total of 12-14 hand pies!
Ingredients:FOR THE HAND PIES:
- 1 box (14.1 oz) refrigerated pie crust (for two pies)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cup diced and peeled Crunch Pak apples (about 24-30 slices or 2 large apples)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 egg white, beaten
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Remove pie crusts from package and allow to come to room temperature while you prepare filling. Preheat oven to 425F.
- Dice and peel Crunch Pak apple slices. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium high heat. Add apples, salt, nutmeg, brown sugar and cinnamon. Heat for about 5-10 minutes, until apples are soft, stirring occasionally.
- While apples are heating, unroll pie crusts and cut 6-7 circles from each crust (using a 4 inch biscuit cutter). You may have to roll scraps to get the extra circles. Set aside.
- Get full recipe==>>shugarysweets.com