These hand-held bell pepper pizzas channel the deliciousness of pizza with a healthy twist! Packing way more nutrients than the average bagel bite or pizza roll, these pizza peppers make a perfect appetizer for parties and a great healthy snack or lunch for kids! Hand-held veggie pizzas with a healthy twist! These make the perfect appetizer for parties and a great healthy snack or lunch for kids! Ditch the crust and grab a bell pepper!
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup pizza or spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
- a pinch of basil or parsley
- as many toppings as you can fit!
- Pre-heat your oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice off each of the four sides of your pepper and lay flat on a baking sheet.
- Top with sauce, then cheese, followed by any and every veggie in your crisper! I added broccoli and tomatoes to mine.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flipping your oven to broil towards the end to make the cheese nice and bubbly.
- Add a pinch of red pepper flakes and basil/parsley if desired and dig in!
- Get full recipe==>>peasandcrayons.com