- 6 oz orecchiette pasta
- Olive oil
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- Salt + freshly ground black pepper
- 1 heaping teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 large bunch broccoli rabe 1-2 pounds, depending on how much you love your greens, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan plus more to serve
- a few tablespoons reserved pasta cooking water
- Zest and juice of 1 small lemon plus more to serve
- Cook the pasta: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt generously and cook the pasta 1 minute less than the package says. Remember to reserve a mugful of pasta cooking water before you drain it.
- Roast the chickpeas: While the pasta is cooking, heat some olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add the chickpeas and season with salt and pepper. Toast until starting to brown, about 3 minutes. Add the smoked paprika and toast for another minute. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Wilt the greens: Without wiping the skillet, bring it back up to medium-high heat. Add a little more oil if necessary and cook the broccoli rabe until starting to wilt, about 2 minutes. add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Pour in the white wine and cook until the raw alcohol smell is gone, about 2 more minutes.
- Get full recipe==>>savorynothings.com