This delicious casserole is filled with all things comforting. Penne pasta, creamy Alfredo, lots of gooey cheese and bacon. Yep, bacon. That should be enough said right there. But I can’t leave out the chicken and ranch flavor because they really bring the whole thing together. This pasta casserole is really amazing and my kids ate it in about 1 minute flat.
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 jar (15 oz) Alfredo pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 6 slices chopped cooked bacon
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
- Chopped parsley, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease or spray 13x9-inch pan.
- In large bowl, place 1 lb cooked and drained penne pasta, 2 cups shredded cooked chicken, 1 jar (15 oz) Alfredo pasta sauce and 1/2 cup ranch dressing. Stir to combine. Pour mixture in pan; spread evenly.
- Sprinkle 6 slices chopped cooked bacon evenly over top, then sprinkle with 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz).
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- That optional sprinkle of chopped parsley adds not only bright color but also a fresh taste—don’t skimp on the amount you use.
- No leftover chicken? Buy a rotisserie chicken—a 2 lb. bird will give you about 3 cups of meat.
- Use Cheddar cheese instead of mozzarella for a more cheesy flavor.
- Other short pastas, like fusilli or rotini, work equally well, making the casserole easy to scoop up to serve.