These Chili Lime Steak Lettuce Wraps are fresh, flavorful and super easy to make! They make the perfect handheld appetizers or a light and healthy low-carb lunch or dinner!
These Chili Lime Steak Lettuce Wraps are a fun Mexican twist on this popular Chinese takeout item. They are fresh, flavorful and super simple to make with a homemade Tex-Mex seasoning!
The best part? They come together in less than 30 minutes so they’re perfect for busy weeknights. Lettuce wraps also make tasty appetizers at a party and they’re also a great option if you’re looking for more low carb options and are ketogenic friendly.
Ingredients:For the fajita seasoning:
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
For the lettuce wraps:
- juice from 2 limes divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves chopped plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard paleo/keto brand as necessary OR Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound skirt or flank steak cut into 1" strips or cubes
- 4 medium bell peppers seeded and thinly sliced I used red yellow, orange and green
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 head butter lettuce leaves washed and dried
- sliced avocado and lime wedges for serving
- Combine all the ingredients for the fajita seasonings. Reserve 1 1/2 teaspoons for the bell peppers.
- Make the steak marinade:
- Get full recipe==>>lifemadesweeter.com