Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal Muffins – this EASY breakfast recipe is great for on the go! It’s a healthier muffin that’s dairy free and has no oil or flour but tastes like an amazing chocolate chip dessert!
The beauty of these chocolate chip baked oatmeal muffins is that they have NO oil or butter or flour in them. All they use for binding are eggs and lots of old-fashioned oats, and in place of the oil I use mashed banana. (You can also use applesauce.)
That makes these a much healthier alternative to a regular muffin, but you won’t even notice because, um, CHOCOLATE.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (about 1 medium)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk Unsweetened Vanilla or Original
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips (see note)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with liners and spray those with nonstick spray.
- Whisk eggs, mashed banana, brown sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Stir in oats and almond milk. Gently fold in chocolate chips. Scoop into muffin pan (about 1/4 cup per muffin; they don’t rise much so you can fill them to the top).
- Get full recipe==>>crazyforcrust.com