There is so much hearty flavor is this savory Chorizo Butternut Pizza Hash that it’s sure to become a favorite dish for any time of day!
Diced butternut squash is cooked with chorizo until toasty brown and then baked with spinach, pizza sauce and eggs.
It’s paleo and Whole30 friendly, and ready in 20 minutes!
- 1 tbsp ghee coconut oil, or preferred cooking fat
- 2 cups diced butternut squash
- 1/2 lb chorizo pork sausage precooked (either buy pre-cooked, or, precook prior to beginning) and diced - check labels if you need a Whole30 compliant sausage (sugar-free)
- dash of crushed red pepper*
- 1/4 tsp oregano*
- 2/3 cup of your favorite pizza sauce or marinara sauce
- Large handful fresh spinach chopped
- 2-4 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Heat a medium-large oven proof skillet OR two smaller skillets** (as pictured) over medium heat and add the ghee or coconut oil
- Once the skillet is hot, add the diced butternut squash and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is a light toasty brown.
- Once the butternut begins to brown, add the chorizo to the pan (remove the casing first if it has one) and stir. Add the crushed red pepper and oregano as well as you cook.
- Get full recipe==>>paleorunningmomma.com