I hope you all love this vegan veggie quiche with sweet potato crust. Make it for Easter or make it any day for a healthy breakfast or brunch. Vegan veggie quiche with sweet potato crust with a secret ingredient. Wholesome, healthy, filling and delicious. Perfect for an easy brunch of breakfast! There is a secret ingredient in this vegan quiche that I am willing to bet no one would guess. TOFU! Yes, the ever so versatile tofu. It makes a perfect replacement for eggs and the texture is spot on. Combined with spices and veggies it’s truly reminiscent of the real thing. SO major!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 4 cups spinach
- 12 oz firm silken tofu
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp ground sage
- Chopped green onion for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray the bottom of a 9 inch (standard) pie dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Peel and slice your sweet potatoes into ⅛ inch rounds. Layer your dish with the rounds to form a "crust" (see photo). Slice rounds in half to form the upper layer. Spray the sweet potatoes well with non stick cooking spray (I used this one) and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Get full recipe==>>nutritionalfoodie.com