Green Beans with Brown Butter, Crispy Shallots, and Hazelnuts-this easy vegetable side dish goes great with any meal. Fresh green beans are the way to go, no canned beans allowed. The green beans get coated in brown butter and are topped with crispy shallots and hazelnuts. The flavor combination is out of this world.
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, ends snapped off
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped hazelnuts
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place oil in a medium skillet and add the shallots. Turn the heat to high and cook until the shallots start to bubble. Reduce heat to medium heat and cook, stirring often, until shallots are golden brown, about 12 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate. The shallots will crisp up as they cool.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Carefully add the green beans and cook until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Don’t overcook the beans. You want them to be crisp.
- Get full recipe==>>wopeasandtheirpod.com