This Homemade Caramel Vanilla Iced Coffee tastes better than the coffee shop and is SO easy to make! Paleo and vegan friendly and gluten/grain/dairy/refined sugar free too!
HOW TO MAKE ICED COFFEE AT HOME
This method of making iced coffee at home is actually SO SIMPLE. All you need is brewed, chilled coffee, ice, almond milk and caramel!
- Brew your coffee and place it in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour until cold. If you do not need it RIGHT NOW, you can just refrigerate it. I like to just make a huge pot in the morning and then pour the extra into a jar, and refrigerate to have on hand all week!
- Fill a tall glass half way with ice cubes. Don’t use crushed ice as it melts too fast, causing watery coffee!
- Fill your glass half-3/4 of the way with coffee and finish off with milk of choice.
- Add your sweetener (if you’re not a fancy person) and drink!
- If you want a Frappuccino-style iced coffee, you could totally stick this all in your blender!
Ingredients:For the caramel:
- 1/2 Cup Coconut sugar, packed
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 4 tsp Ghee (or vegan butter for vegan)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
For the coffee:
- 3 Cups Chilled, brewed coffee
- 1 Cup Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- In a SMALL pot, stir together all of the caramel ingredients on medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, cook until the caramel reduced by almost 1/2 and deepens in color, stirring constantly so that it doesn't burn, this takes about 5-6 minutes.
- Immediately transfer to a measuring glass (you should have just over 1/3 cup of caramel) and let sit for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until nice and thick.
- To assemble:
- Fill 3 highball glasses 1/2 way with ice cubes. Pour 1 cup of cold coffee into each glass, followed by 1/3 cup of almond milk. Add 2 Tbsp of the caramel * syrup into each glass and stir well, until the caramel is dissolved and well mixed.
- Get full recipe==>>foodfaithfitness.com