You’ll do your body good with this Healthy Chicken Poblano Tortilla Soup. The homemade tortilla strips and a bit of kick from the pepper makes this such a flavorful soup.
I love a good chicken tortilla soup, so I’m always looking for new recipes to try. Tortilla soup can vary between broth-based or creamy. Both ways are equally delicious, it just depends on what your looking for or your diet preference.
- 12 oz shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 cups yellow or white onion, chopped
- 1 green poblano pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of unsalted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 6 lime wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6-in) corn tortillas
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Over medium-high heat, add olive oil to a large stockpan or dutch oven.
- Add onion, poblano pepper, carrots. Saute for 7 minutes. Add chicken stock, diced tomatoes, black beans, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and let simmer until carrots are tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in shredded chicken and cilantro. Divide soup mixture between bowls. Garnish with green onions, cilantro, lime wedges and tortilla strips.
- Get full recipe==>>orksnflipflops.com