These Healthy Dark Chocolate Coconut Bites are little squares of pure chocolate and coconut bliss. They’re made with unsweetened coconut flakes, brown rice syrup and a wee bit of vanilla, and they come together in about 10 minutes.
Shredded coconut, brown rice syrup and pure vanilla extract are all you need to make these easy and decadent treats. These Healthy Dark Chocolate Coconut Bites come together in about 10 minutes, and they offer a healthy dose of good fats (coconut oil), antioxidants (dark chocolate) and iron and fiber (coconut).
Ingredients:FOR THE COCONUT BITES
- 3 cups unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup (you can use honey or maple syrup as well)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
FOR THE CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (or 1 cup chopped dark chocolate from a bar like Scharffen Berger)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
Instructions:FOR THE COCONUT BITES
- Line a loaf pan or an 8 x 8 cake pan with parchment paper. Spray the parchment paper with coconut spray.
- Add the coconut to a food processor and process for a few seconds to process the coconut into finer pieces.
- With the processor running, add the rice syrup, vanilla and salt.
- Process for about a minute or until the ingredients are blended.
- Pour the coconut mixture into the prepared pan and spread out. Form into an even rectangle shape of about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Place in the freezer and freeze for about 30 - 45 minutes or until the coconut bar has set.
- Remove from freezer and cut the coconut bar into approximately 24 bite-size pieces.
FOR THE DARK CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- Heat the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small sauce pan over a double broiler. Stir until the chips have completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Dip each coconut piece of candy in the chocolate and set on a cookie sheet lined with a Silpat.
- Get full recipe==>>theharvestkitchen.com