A refreshing chicken salad with fresh strawberries, red onions, crumbled feta cheese and sliced almonds on a bed of spinach. The simple balsamic vinegar dressing enhances the flavors.
This yummy low carb chicken salad. It is really very simple and you can swap out or add in ingredients based on your preference. Don’t be afraid to add in blueberries, mandarin oranges or the beloved avocado. Also, if your not a fan of feta cheese, you can swap it for mini mozzarella balls. I switch up this spinach salad based on what I have available and fresh in my fridge, so feel free to do the same. For this particular recipe, I wanted to keep it healthy, easy and still tasty!
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups strawberries, halved
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan cook olive oil over med-high heat. Salt and pepper both sides of chicken breast. Cook each side for 4-5 minutes, depending on thickness. Remove from pan, set aside to rest.
- In a large bowl add spinach leaves, strawberries, red onion, feta cheese, and sliced almonds. Slice breasts into 1/2 inch strips and add to bowl. Toss with balsamic vinegar dressing. Divide salad into two bowls. Serve.
- Get full recipe==>>forksnflipflops.com