This recipe has been a favorite of mine for a few years now and I don’t make it nearly enough. Salsa is delicious in many forms, but there’s something magical about homemade pico de gallo. The freshness of the flavors and the way they ingredients all continue to marry together over the first hours and even over the next day or so.
This homemade pico de gallo is really simple, but there is a decent amount of chopping involved. It also makes a lot so invite your friends over to enjoy it or even to help you whip it up.
- 5 cloves garlic (2 Tablespoons)
- 2+ jalapeno peppers, seeded, deveined and finely chopped
- 4-5 cups finely chopped roma tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (1-2 limes)
- Mince garlic and jalapenos in food processor. Jalapeno peppers are not that spicy in this salsa. Feel free to continue adding pepper to reach a mild heat - of course spice is all to taste!
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate overnight. Season with salt and lime juice according to taste.
- Get full recipe==>>lucismorsels.com