Crunchy baked breaded cauliflower pieces are coated with honey garlic sauce. It’s an easy and delicious weeknight meal.
I can’t get enough of this honey garlic sauce. It’s savory, spicy, and sweet, all at the same time. And crunchy bites of cauliflower are the perfect vehicle for soaking up the thick sauce.
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into bite sized florets
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs (I use these)
- cooking oil spray
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
FOR THE SAUCE: (DOUBLE IF NEEDED, SEE NOTES)
- 6 tbsp honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 6 tbsp water + 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sriracha sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread panko crumbs in a thin even layer across the surface of the baking sheet. Spray panko crumbs with cooking oil spray. Bake crumbs about 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Set whisked eggs aside in a small bowl. Line another large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dip cauliflower in egg mixture and then shake a few times so that excess egg drips off. You don't want to dampen your breadcrumbs with excess egg because then they won't stick to the cauliflower. Then place into sheet with panko crumbs. Cover cauliflower with panko, pressing the crumbs gently against the cauliflower to help them stick. Place coated cauliflower on empty prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all cauliflower is coated.
- Get full recipe==>>kirbiecravings.com