If you like cheesecake but don’t like the fat and calories, you will LOVE these healthy Lemon Cheesecake Bars!
The ingredient list of this cheesecake is much healthier than any storebought kind! And that’s the thing I love about healthy food — it can taste great!
- 2½ cups Chopped Almonds
- ¼ cup Brown Rice Flour (or flour of choice)
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tbs Coconut Oil
- 16oz Fat Free Cream Cheese, room temp
- 16oz (2 cups) Plain, Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 84g (¼ cup) Honey or Pure Maple Syrup
- 24g (3 tbs) Arrowroot Starch
- 1 tsp Lemon Flavor
- 1 tsp Stevia Extract
- 64g (2 scoops) Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- 1 tbs Lemon Juice
- BLUEBERRY COMPOTE, FOR TOPPING
Instructions:FOR THE CRUST:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a brownie pan with tin foil (I’m sure parchment paper will work).
- In a blender or food processor, blend the almonds until it turns into a moist flour (the more you blend, the more the natural oils will come out and help bind the crust).
- Add the brown rice flour, cinnamon, and salt and blend again. Transfer mixture to a bowl and mix in the coconut oil (I used my hands). Transfer to the pan and flatten. Bake for ~15 minutes. Let cool.
FOR THE CHEESECAKE:
- In a stand mixer with whisk attachment, whip the cream cheese and yogurt. Add the honey, arrowroot starch, lemon flavor and stevia extract, then whip again. Finally, add the protein powder and lemon juice and whip one last time.
- Get full recipe==>>dessertswithbenefits.com