Cold, slippery noodles are always a summertime favorite, and luckily there are low-carb pasta options out there. If you're bored with zucchini noodles, you can try out shirataki, made from the konjac yam, in this low-carb pad thai recipe.
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon (15 g/0.5 oz) Sriracha
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons (64 g /2.3 oz) almond butter or coconut butter
- Optional: 1 to 2 tablespoons erythritol or 5 to 7 drops stevia extract
- 2 packs (400 g/14.1 oz) shirataki noodles
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon (70 g/2.5 oz) ghee, divided
- 1.1 pounds (500 g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 medium (30 g/1.1 oz) spring onions, sliced
- 2 cups (100 g/3.5 oz) bean sprouts
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup (15 g/0.5 oz) flaked almonds or coconut, toasted
- 2 cups (140 g/4.9 oz) shredded red cabbage
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) fresh lime juice
- Small bunch cilantro, chopped
- Prepare the sauce: Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl, including the erythritol, if using. Set aside.
- Prepare the shirataki noodles: Wash the shirataki noodles thoroughly and boil them for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain well. Place the noodles in a hot dry pan. Fry over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes. Using tongs, toss the noodles as they cook. Set aside.
- Get full recipe==>>helloglow.co