I’d like to start this recipe with a great story about how my great grandmother hand ground dried corn into cornmeal for a secret family recipe, but this is what happened… I had just finished making some Cornmeal Pancakes and I had a half a cup of cornmeal left over. I looked over at my fresh produce and saw a couple of lemons left over from my Garlic Paste recipe. So what did I do? I looked online for lemon cornmeal recipes.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 1/2 pint blackberries , washed and gently dried
- 1 1/2 cups (packed) powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons (or more) fresh lemon Juice
- zest of one lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F.
- Butter 9-inch-diameter cake pan with 2-inch-high sides; coat with cornmeal.
- Get full recipe==>>dinnerthendessert.com