I came up with this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad for Peapod as a light and healthy meal that can be enjoyed anytime of the year. This quinoa salad is perfect for lunch or dinner and keeps well. Make a batch and enjoy it throughout the week. It’s filling and so good for you. This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is great for days when you’re looking for a filling, but lighter meal. This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is made with a combination of fresh and pantry ingredients. It’s easy to make and great for a crowd.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup seedless cucumber chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted, halved
- 1 can 15-ounce garbanzo beans
- 1 lemon juiced
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Rinse and drain quinoa 2-3 times to remove saporin (bitter coating); place drained quinoa in medium saucepan with water and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 15 minutes. Turn heat off and let quinoa stand for 5 additional minutes, covered. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add vinegar, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and oregano; set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- Add tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, red onion, feta cheese, olives, garbanzo beans, lemon juice, and remaining olive oil to quinoa. Toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Get full recipe==>>jeanetteshealthyliving.com