This One Pot Oven Chicken and Rice Bake combines chicken with creamy parmesan rice and butternut squash for a complete healthy meal with less dishes to clean.
You’re going to want to use chicken thighs in this dish, breasts will be too dry. I used to buy the authentic arborio risotto rice, but it can be a bit pricey and do the kids know or care? Of course not.
I discovered short grain calrose rice and have been using it ever since. It’s in with all the regular rice varieties at your grocery store and makes a great substitute for the expensive stuff.
- 6 chicken thighs can be bone-in or boneless
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 white onion finely diced
- 4 cups of peeled seeded butternut squash cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 cups of short grain rice such as Calrose or Arborio
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large deep pot, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on high heat. Season both sides of the chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken on high heat until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate
- Get full recipe==>>dinneratthezoo.com