- 3/4 cups (155g) sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter (84g), room temp (I use Challenge Butter)
- 6 tbsp (90ml) sour cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup (98g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (47g) cocoa (I use Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp (90ml) milk
- 2 tbsp (30ml ) water
- 1/2 cup (112g) butter
- 1/2 cup (95g) shortening
- 3 1/2 cups (460g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-5 tbsp (60-75ml) water or milk
- 1 cup Oreo crumbs (about 10 Oreos)
- 12-14 Oreos, for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C) and prepare a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Beat butter and sugar until light in color and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add sour cream and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Add egg whites in two batches, mixing until well combined after each. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure all is incorporated.
- Get full recipe==>>lifeloveandsugar.com