Whip up this low carb, paleo & keto pad Thai in just 15 minutes for true and incomparable traditional flavors! Make it with shrimp or chicken (or both!) for an ideal keto weeknight meal.
Pad Thai needs no introduction. This much loved noodle, a staple of street Thai cuisine, has gained worldwide love; conquering taste bud after taste bud with it’s incomparable burst of flavors. But in case you didn’t know, it’s also one of the easiest and quickest dishes you can possibly whip up!
Traditionally made with rice noodles, this keto pad Thai uses shirataki instead. Making an entire bowl just 2g net carbs (!!).
- 1 package shirataki fettuccini noodles *
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons xylitol or erythritol
- 1/4 teaspoon blackstrap molasses optional**
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lime juice to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil for cooking
- 2 cloves garlic minced or ran through a press
- 200 g fresh shrimp or chicken
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 30 g bean sprouts
Instructions:TO PREPARE THE SHIRATAKI NOODLES
- We think best to follow manufacturer’s instructions (albeit rinse for a little longer until the konjac plant aroma goes away). So it’s easy peasy: drain the noodles, rinse well in cold water, place in boiling water for two minutes, then dry the noodles in a non-oiled pan over medium heat. Set aside.
FOR THE KETO PAD THAI
- Whisk together thoroughly in a small bowl fish sauce, coconut aminos, sweetener and red pepper flakes or cayenne. Add lime juice to taste, starting at 2 tablespoons.
- Heat up oil in a skillet or pan over medium heat. Add in garlic and sautée briefly until it just starts to brown. Add in shrimp and cook for 2-5 minutes on each side (depending on their size), until just cooked through. Pile the shrimp on the edge of the pan.
- Get full recipe==>>gnom-gnom.com