Cauliflower rice is flavored with homemade pesto sauce for an easy, delicious, low-carb and gluten free dish. It’s great to eat on it’s own or as a rice substitute for any meal.
We eat cauliflower rice a few times a week so I’m always trying to think of new flavors. My absolute favorite is still the garlic parmesan cauliflower rice, but this pesto one is really tasty too.
- 3 cups cauliflower rice (either packaged, or pulse raw cauliflower until they are the size of grains of rice)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 packed cups shredded kale, stems removed
- 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (start with 1/3 and add more if needed)
- 1 garlic clove
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp chopped walnuts
- Add oil to a large skillet and bring to medium heat. Add in cauliflower rice and cook until tender.
- To make the pesto, add all pesto ingredients into a food processor. Pulse several minutes until it reaches a thick sauce consistency. Pesto will initially be very chunky but will break down further into a sauce-like consistency after a few minutes. If it is not breaking down, add a little more olive oil until it can break down. Taste and adjust as needed. Depending on the type of kale you use and personal preference you may want to add more cheese, oil, lemon,etc.
- Stir pesto into the cauliflower rice. Start with a few tablespoons and add more as needed until it reaches your desired taste. You may not need the entire amount and can reserve any unused pesto for another recipe.
- Get full recipe==>>kirbiecravings.com