Sushi grade tuna encrusted with sesame seeds, all I can say is yum!!! This is an easy main course salad.
I buy my tuna at the fish market. I believe it's a process to make sure there are no micro-organisms since it is not fully cooked but I'm not sure about frozen tuna. I would use it right after it thaws if you are using frozen.
- 16 oz sushi grade tuna
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 8 tsp black and white sesame seeds
- kosher salt
- fresh pepper
- 4 cups arugula
For the soy-ginger vinaigrette:
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp minced green onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Rub the tuna steaks with 1 tsp oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Dip entire surface of each steak into sesame seeds.
- Place the tuna steaks in a very hot saute pan and cook for only 1 minute on each side.
- Set aside on a platter.
- Get full recipe==>>skinnytaste.com