This super easy Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Cheese Soup has no morning prep involved! Just dump, go, and come home to a delicious meal the whole family loves!
If you love creamy cheesy soup as much as I do, you have got to try this recipe for Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Cheese Soup. I work full-time, and I am often late getting out the door in the morning.
With this soup, the morning prep is minimal and I can come home to a delicious meal. This crock pot soup recipe is the ultimate in comfort food and perfect for chilly evenings.
- 1 32-oz. bag frozen southern style hash browns
- 1/2 cup diced onion I use frozen diced onion!
- 1 32-oz. box chicken broth
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups diced ham
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder not in photo
- 1 8-oz. box 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1 8-oz. block sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (don't buy pre-shredded, it won't melt as well)
- Bread and butter for serving
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, add the frozen potatoes, onion, chicken broth, ham, pepper, thyme and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Get full recipe==>>realhousemoms.com