A winning chili for both vegetarians and omnivores that is sure to be a hit at your next potluck or family meal!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 3 sweet potatoes, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 2 cups steamed lentils
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium high heat. Add onion and bell peppers, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Add sweet potatoes and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes begin to soften, about 5-7 minutes. Stir in vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, lentils, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Get full recipe==>>damndelicious.net