This casserole, as a whole, really doesn’t take long to put together (maybe about 25 minutes). Plus, it is a perfect make ahead dish. If you prepare it ahead, store it in the fridge until you get ready to eat. Then pop it into the oven to heat up!
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1.5 pounds fresh green beans, rinsed and ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 6 oz french fried onions
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9x13 casserole dish, set aside.
- Blanch the beans: In a large pot, bring about a gallon of water and 2 tablespoons of salt to a boil. Add the green beans and boil for 5 minutes. Drain in a colander and immediately plunge the beans into a large bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain and set aside.
- Get full recipe==>>thenovicechefblog.com