Homemade cinnamon rolls from scratch recipe. Sticky and deliscious dessert or breakfast.
- 1 cup warm (not hot) milk
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, soft
- 2 small eggs
- 3 cups flour
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 4 to 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter
- 1½ cups powder sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Using a dough hook in a stand mixer, combine the warm milk, yeast, sugar, salt, butter, and egg on low.
- Slowly add in flour.
- Once the flour is incorporated, turn mixer to medium speed.
- Add more flour if necessary. The dough should be soft and sticky but pull away from the side of bowl.
- Transfer dough to a large lightly greased mixing bowl, cover, and let rise for 1 hour.
- Grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- Roll dough out to a 12x18 inch rectangle.
- Brush the dough with the ¼ cup melted butter from the filling.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle mixture over buttered dough.
- Roll up tightly lengthwise to make one long roll.
- Use thread to cut dough into 12 (one inch) slices.
- Place slices into greased pan.
- Cover and let rise for about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Bake rolls for 20-30 minutes or till brown. (Time will depend on how hot and even your oven bakes.)
- After pulling rolls out of the oven, beat together glaze ingredients. Add additional milk for desired consistency.
- Frost the rolls while still warm and serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.