This Vegan Pulled Pork Pizza is made with shredded heart of palm, homemade bbq sauce, mango salsa, and cilantro cashew creme for an unforgettable meal.
I had been connecting guilt to my eating habits. After feeling so good from my cleanse, I was resisting (without success) all those foods which I had identified as “bad” foods. Every day I would wake up and commit to a whole foods/grain free day and every day around lunch time I would “screw up”. And for some reason bread was my ultimate barrier between “good” eating and “bad” eating. Without knowing it, I had begun developing my own unhealthy eating habits, restricting myself from certain foods, and totally changing the food philosophy I had lived by for 8 years.
So what did I do about it? I made pizza, of course! Not any pizza, either. Vegan Pulled Pork Pizza.
BBQ "Pulled Pork"
- 1 can Heart of Palm, shredded
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 large yellow onion, sliced very thin
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 medium mango, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 tsp lime juice
- pinch of salt
Cilantro Cashew Cream
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked for 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- To make the BBQ "Pulled Pork", with your fingers shred the hearts of palm, making the pieces as thin as possible. Place in small bowl and mix in 1/2 cup BBQ sauce. Let marinade for at least 1 hour.
- When ready, heat the oil over medium heat in a cast iron skillet. Add onions sauté until caramelized - 10 - 12 minutes. Add onions to the shredded heart of palm and set aside.
- To make the Mango Salsa, combine the ingredients in a small bowl. Transfer to the refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Get full recipe==>>mydarlingvegan.com