This Vegan Meatloaf is the perfect quick and easy dinner recipe! It’s made with chickpeas and lentils, tastes delicious, is gluten free and healthy!
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 oz. can of chickpeas, drained and thoroughly rinsed
- 1 3/4 cup freshly cooked lentils or 15 oz. can, drained and throughly rinsed
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons vegan Worcestershire sauce (or more liquid smoke)
- 1 1/4 cups gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 flax eggs
- 3 tablespoons organic tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Tomato Glaze
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Mix your ingredients for your tomato glaze and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a loaf with by lining with parchment paper so that it's hanging over the sides. This helps to remove the loaf with ease.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, heat the coconut oil. Add the garlic, red onion and the celery. Sauté until onions are translucent and celery has softened, about 5 minutes.
- Get full recipe==>>jessicainthekitchen.com