The most revisited recipes in my collection tend to be the simple ones. They’re easy to make and feature just one or two flavors. It’s the “less is more” idea applied to baking.
This Brown Sugar Pecan Coffee Cake officially qualifies for inclusion in that group. It’s quick to mix, and it’s all about two of my favorite flavors – pecans and brown sugar. It’s certainly not a fancy combination, but it just works so well.
Ingredients:FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
FOR THE CAKE:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Instructions:TO MAKE THE TOPPING:
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, pecans, and salt in a small bowl.
- Add the butter, and mix with with a fork or your fingers until the mixture is thoroughly combined and forms crumbs.
- Get full recipe==>>bakeorbreak.com