At its base, grilled cheese is one of the most simple things ever. Bread, butter and cheese.
The basic steps are: butter the bread, place the slice into a heated skillet, sprinkle the cheese, top with another bread slice and cook until golden brown on both sides and cheese is oozing out.
In order to forge a healthier grilled cheese, we need to make some uh-mazing cauliflower crust slices of bread. A bit of work, but totally worth it.
Ingredients:Cauliflower crust “bread” slices
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets (should yield 3 cups of cauliflower rice)
- 1 free-range organic egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup / 1.7 oz / 50 gr shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- ⅓ cup / 3 oz / 85 gr sharp cheddar cheese, grated/shredded, at room temperature
- Cauliflower crust “bread” slices
- Preheat oven to 450°F (220°C) and place a rack in the middle.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and liberally grease it with olive oil. Set aside.
- In a food processor rice the cauliflower florets (it should be evenly chopped but not completely pulverized).
- Transfer cauliflower rice (about 3 cups) to a microwave-safe dish and microwave on high for 8 minutes, until cooked.
- Get full recipe==>>theironyou.com