Tender, flaky scones, infused with almond extract and loaded with maraschino cherries, these Cherry Almond Scones are also topped with a cherry-almond glaze! They’re ready in about 45 minutes, start to finish, so you can have homemade, fresh-from-the-oven Cherry Almond Scones whenever your heart desires!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter very cold or frozen
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 10 oz. jars maraschino cherries drained (reserve juice for glaze), patted dry, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or eggnog
- 2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. turbinado sugar for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- Using a pastry blender or a knife, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Add slivered almonds and minced cherries, tossing to combine.
- In a small bowl, stir together eggs, heavy cream, and almond extract.
- Get full recipe==>>thegoldlininggirl.com