Macaroni and cheese is always a winner with children. It is the ultimate comfort food for kids and adults alike. The brilliant thing about this recipe is that this is a much healthier macaroni and cheese because it is packed with vegetables. I know from the picture I bet you are doubting me. But trust me there is more vegetables in this recipe than there is cheese sauce.
- 1 1/2 Cup uncooked pasta (macaroni, penne, spirals etc)
- 400g cauliflower (approx. half a small cauliflower)
- 2 medium courgette
- 2 Tbsp (30g) butter or your preferred oil
- 2 Tbsp plain flour
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 2 rashers of streaky bacon finely diced
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 Cup grated cheese
- Cook the pasta as per the packet directions, drain and set aside
- Roughly chop the cauliflower, peel the courgette/zucchini, roughy chop and steam with the cauliflower until tender
- While the cauliflower is cooking start on the roux sauce (white sauce).
- Get full recipe==>>mykidslickthebowl.com