The secret for how to make chocolate lava cakes is… well, there is no secret at all. We’re not simply microwaving frozen chocolate cakes like Chili’s does (no hate, you know how I love Chili’s!!!), but we aren’t pulling our hair out in frustration either. That’s why I wanted lava cakes as our Baking Challenge recipe this month. To learn and see how EASY they really are!
- 6 ounces (170g) high quality semi-sweet chocolate1
- 1/2 cup (115g; 1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (31g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1/2 cup (60g) confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks2
- optional for topping: ice cream, raspberries, and/or chocolate syrup
- Spray each ramekin with nonstick cooking spray and dust with cocoa powder. This ensures the cakes will seamlessly come out of the ramekins when inverted onto a plate in step 7. *Or spray half of a 12-count muffin pan and dust with cocoa powder. If baking in a muffin pan, the recipe will yield 6 cakes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Coarsely chop the chocolate. Place butter into a medium heat-proof bowl, then add chopped chocolate on top. Microwave on high in 10 second increments, stirring after each until completely smooth. Set aside.
- Get full recipe==>>sallysbakingaddiction.com