Enjoy the flavors or a comforting chicken pot pie in low carb form! Made with cauliflower, these Low Carb Cauliflower Pot Pies are guilt free and highly delicious!
Ingredients:For the cauliflower base:
- 1 medium head cauliflower (4-5 cups cauliflower rice)
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt and pepper
For the pot pie filling:
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 8 oz cooked chicken, diced
- 1 tbs onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbs cornstarch + 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Add the cauliflower to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until you achieve a rice-like consistency. Transfer cauliflower "rice" to a bowl and microwave for 5 minutes. Set aside and allow cauliflower to cool for approx 10 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower rice to a cheesecloth and squeeze out as much of the juice from the cauliflower as possible. If you don't, the bases may end up soggy. (The key here is to really get as much of that juice out as you can. Once you have done a round with the cheesecloth. Repeat with another dry cheesecloth to ensure you have removed a majority of the liquid. I managed to get 1 1/2 cups of cauliflower juice).
- Get full recipe==>>itscheatdayeveryday.com