Meltingly soft Moroccan honey glazed eggplant, covered with a sweet and spicy honey and harissa sauce. Vegetarian and gluten free!
- 2 large globe eggplants, thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon harissa (substitute with a pinch of chili flakes or a slash of hot sauce if you can’t find harissa)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (or parsley, if you’re not a cilantro fan)
- Spread the slices of eggplant on a towel and sprinkle both sides generously with salt. Allow the eggplant to sweat for 15 minutes, then wipe the pieces dry with a paper towel.
- Preheat a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Brush both sides of each slice of eggplant with olive oil and cook, without overlapping the slices, until well browned on both sides. Remove the slices to a plate and set aside; repeat with remaining slices.
- Get full recipe==>>bunsenburnerbakery.com