One of the best things about Spinach and Artichoke Fried Wontons, is that you can prepare them ahead of time and refrigerate them until you are ready to fry them. When the party is about to start, fry them in vegetable oil. They taste best when they are hot from the oil. However, if it is not realistic for you to make them right before your guests come, you can always fry ahead of time and and then warm them up on a baking sheet right before your guests arrive. Line them on a baking sheet and pop them in a 300 degree oven for about 7-8 minutes.
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted and drained well
- 8 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano reggiano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable or Canola oil for frying
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- 1 egg (to make an eggwash to seal the wontons)
- In a bowl, combine the drained spinach, drained and chopped artichoke hearts, cream cheese, sour cream, mozzarella, grated parmigiano reggiano, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and a pepper. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Mix one egg.
- Using your finger, rub the edges of the wontons with the egg wash. Fill each wonton with a teaspoon of the spinach artichoke mixture. Put on one half of the wonton. Line the edges with egg wash. Gently fold the other half over. Press at the seams to seal. Repeat until all wontons are full. Line the wontons on a baking sheet. It is ok if you need to overlap them.
- Get full recipe==>>mangiamichelle.com