Thinly sliced summer vegetables are the visual star of this spiral vegetable tart. With a layer of homemade sundried tomato pesto and a flaky pie crust, this tart is as delicious as it is beautiful.
- 1 no-fail pie crust (alternatives: gluten free vegan)
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes, packed in oil and drained
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan (optional)
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large yellow squash
- 2-3 medium carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (suggested: rosemary, thyme, oregano)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare a batch of No-Fail Pie Crust (or gluten free or vegan alternatives, depending on dietary preferences). Chill dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling, trim the edges of the zucchini, squash, and carrots. Slice the vegetables into long, thin slices, using a mandolin, vegetable peeler, or a sharp knife.
- Get full recipe==>>bunsenburnerbakery.com