Sticky Vietnamese Boneless Wings (Pok Pok Chicken Wings!) Inspired by Ike's Vietnamese Pok Pok Chicken Wings, these boneless chicken wings are caramelized in a simple sauce that will have you licking your fingers!
Ingredients:For the Pickled Vegetables
- 4 ounces carrot spears
- 4 ounces daikon radish spears
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
For the Wings
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thick strips 2" long
- 1/4 cup Vietnamese-style fish sauce
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- Oil for frying
- Cilantro sprigs
Instructions:For the Pickled Vegetables
- Place the carrot, radish, water, sugar, vinegar, and fish sauce in a large tupperware or seal-able glass container. Shake well, and refrigerate for 4 hours or up to 2 days.
For the Wings
- Place the minced garlic and salt in small bowl. Use a wooden spoon to mash the two together for about 15 seconds or so.
- Add the warm water and allow it to rest for 5 minutes. Reserving the water, strain the garlic from the bowl.
- Add the fish sauce and sugar to the garlic water and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Reserve half of the marinade, then marinate chicken pieces in the other half of the mixture (about 1/4 cup). Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or up to 1 day.
- Get full recipe==>>thewanderlustkitchen.com