When it comes to brownies, a crackly top is nonnegotiable. That crispy, cracked, sugary top is an absolute necessity because without it, all you have is a pan of dense cake. So how do you get that? Eggs and sugar, which is why this recipe needs three eggs.
These brownies are for those of us who need that crackly top, along with a dense, rich, and chocolatey flavor that is so decadent you'll need a big stout beer to wash them down. Never had a beer with your brownies? You now have a new weekend goal.
- 6 weight ounce dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup stout beer
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl whisk together the melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until well combined.
- One at a time add the eggs, whisking until well combined before adding another (whisk more than you think necessary).
- Add the chocolate and the beer to the top of a double boiler. Stir over medium heat until the chocolate is melted and well combined with the beer.
- Get full recipe==>>ehow.com