The Best Vegan Chili Fries are a great way to treat yourself to some healthy, delectable fun. No greasiness, all delicious flavor.
- 1 cup dried quinoa, cooked according to package
- 3 Tbs olive oil (or your favorite cooking oil)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- pinch red pepper flakes
- a few twists fresh black pepper
- 4-5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch (8 or so) green onions, chopped (save tops for garnish)
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 15 oz. can or 1 1/2 c cooked red or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz. can or 1 1/2 c cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbs low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 2 15 oz. cans diced no salt added tomatoes
- 1 6 oz. can no salt added tomato paste
- 1 Tbs maple syrup (or your favorite sweetener)
- 2 Tbs red cooking wine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c water
- Cook the quinoa and set aside. Prep the veggies while the quinoa cooks.
- In a large, lidded pot combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, paprika, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Raise the heat to low and let the spices bloom for 2-3 minutes.
- Get full recipe==>>eathealthyeathappy.com