This traditional French lemon tart recipe has been a favorite in my family for years! It's made of a classic sweet tart crust and a creamy, dreamy lemon curd filling.
Ingredients:For the pastry (makes double)
- 500g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 140g icing sugar
- 250g unsalted butter, cubed
- 4 egg yolks
For the filling
- 5 eggs
- 140g caster sugar
- 150ml double cream
- juice 2-3 lemon
- (about 100ml/3½ fl oz) and 2 tbsp lemon zest
- To make the pastry, mix the flour and icing sugar in a bowl. Rub the butter into the flour with your fingers until crumbly. Mix in the egg yolks. If the pastry is still too dry, add 1-2 tbsp water until it comes together. Roll into a ball and divide in half (freeze one half for another recipe). Flatten out the pastry with your hands, wrap the dough in cling film, then chill for at least 30 mins. While the pastry is chilling, make the filling. Beat all the ingredients, except for the zest, together. Sieve the mixture, then stir in the zest.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to about the thickness of a £1 coin, then lift into a 23cm tart tin. Press down gently on the bottom and sides, then trim off any excess pastry. Stab a few holes in the bottom with a fork and put back in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Get full recipe==>>prettysimplesweet.com