Vegan Lemon Coconut Donuts make for a healthy snack or delicious breakfast recipe. Love this lemon treat!
Ingredients:For the Donuts
- 3 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour could sub all purpose
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unflavored unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- 1 cup shredded coconut divided
For the Glaze
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray donut pans or baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together flax seeds and water. Set aside and allow to sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together flour, baking powder, salt and lemon zest in small bowl. In a separate bowl, cream together margarine and sugar.
- Get full recipe==>>connoisseurusveg.com