These 4-ingredient fried cheese balls are melty on the inside and crispy on the outside. Easy to make and incredibly tasty!
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 4 capsules vegan probiotics (Acidophilus)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- canola oil
- Soak the cashews in filtered water overnight.
- Drain the cashews, rinse them and place in the bowl of your food processor.
- Open the probiotic capsules and add the powder to the bowl.
- Add 3 tbsp of water, salt and process for about 3-5 minutes, scraping down the sides from time to time,
- The mixture should be smooth but really thick. If needed, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time until smooth. Do not add too much water, you want to use as least as possible or you won’t be able to form balls later.
- Transfer the mixture to a clean container, cover and let sit at room temperature for about one day to let it ferment.
- After one day, taste it to see if it’s sharp enough for your taste and place in the fridge for another day. This step will make the cheese mixture firmer.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a large plate.
- Prepare the cheese balls by taking about 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture with slightly wet hands, form balls. The cheese mixture will be softer at room temperature, I recommend you put it back in the fridge if it becomes too soft to make balls.
- Get full recipe==>>fullofplants.com