Made from ingredients that you’re likely to already have on hand, today’s Vegan & Gluten-Free Creamy Coconut Polenta with Balsamic Mushrooms and Chickpeas is a cozy, warming dinner that I keep on repeat for easy weeknight cooking.
- 1 cup medium-ground cornmeal
- 1 (13½-ounce can) full-fat coconut milk
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups button or cremini mushrooms, sliced in half
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1½ cups cooked chickpeas (or one 15-ounce can)
- 3 cups packed baby spinach
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- To prepare the polenta, combine the cornmeal, coconut milk, and vegetable broth in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Turn the heat off and let the polenta sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- While the polenta cooks, prepare the mushroom topping. Heat the coconut oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Get full recipe==>>thecolorfulkitchen.com