When you are hungry and looking for the perfect comfort dish, my creamy Vegan Mac and Cheese is just the answer! It is the best vegan mac and cheese recipe and it is gluten-free and vegan. Firm pasta smothered in a creamy, velvety cashew cheese sauce with the option to add non-dairy store-bought cheese. 'Now that's what dreams are made of!'
- 8-ounce box elbow pasta or your favorite pasta, ( I used gluten-free pasta)
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for a couple hours
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk, (full-fat from the can)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- Pinch Cayenne pepper
- parsley flakes, for garnish
- paprika, for garnish
Additional optional ingredients
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheese
- 1 tablespoon vegan mayo
- 1 teaspoon Vegan Butter, or cream cheese
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water according to package directions until al dente. Drain and return to pot.
- Drain cashews and discard water. In a high-speed blender process cashews, water, coconut milk, nutritional yeast flakes, red bell pepper, onion, garlic, lemon juice, salt, cayenne until smooth and creamy.
- Pour sauce over pasta and stir to fully coat, add extra salt if needed. Cook on low until thickened.
- Get full recipe==>>healthiersteps.com