Almond coconut cake is delicious blend of almond, coconut, white chocolate and lemon flavors. It has almond sponge, white chocolate- coconut filling with just a hint of lemon taste, and it’s decorated with Raffaello candies and desiccated coconut.
Ingredients:For almond sponge:
- 7 large egg whites
- 1 and 3/4 cups ( 225 g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon (125 g) unsalted butter
- 3.5 oz (100g) toasted almonds-ground
- 1 cup (100g) sifted cake flour
- A pinch of salt
- 14 oz. (390 g) white chocolate-chopped
- 1 and 1/3 cups Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon gelatin dissolved in 3 tablespoon cool water
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoon powdered sugar(or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8-10 Raffaello pralines
- Shredded/Grated coconut (approximately 1 cup)
The cake should be made a day ahead because it has to chill overnight in the fridge before you will be able to assemble it completely!!!
- To make the almond sponge:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line two baking trays with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a small saucepan heat the butter until lightly browned, then let it cool completely.
- Get full recipe==>>omgchocolatedesserts.com