This Cowboy Caviar recipe is one of my favorite recipes to bring to a potluck or BBQ. Black beans, black eyed peas, avocado, tomatoes, and shoepeg corn tossed in a light zesty Italian dressing. Eat with chips or just a fork!
- 1 15 ounce can black eyed peas drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can shoepeg corn , drained and rinsed (see note)
- 4-5 Roma tomatoes , seeds removed and diced or 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2-3 diced avocados , ripe but still firm
- 4 green onions , sliced thin
- around 1/2 to 3/4 cup Zesty Italian dressing
- 1/2 bunch cilantro , chopped finely
- juice of 1-2 limes
- ground pepper and salt to taste
- Drain and rinse the black eyed peas, black beans, and corn.
- Add to a large bowl.
- Dice the tomatoes, making sure the seeds and insides are removed.
- Get full recipe==>>the-girl-who-ate-everything.com